OTHER LOCAL WORKSHOPS OF INTEREST
Tuesday, July 9th, 2013
Friends of the Alphabet is pleased to welcome
to the Village Corner
Carrie will be offering two, three-hour tutorials
for up to four students at a sitting.
The first session is from 9:00 am til noon.
The second session is from 1:00 til 4:00 pm.
Participants may choose from the following:
Italic, Italic Variations, Imai-Italic (Carrie developed this style)
Bone, Uncial, Gothic, Gothicized Italic, Foundation
or Layout and Color.
You would be expected to bring a page of the writing of your choice,
(or something you are trying to lay-out, using color),
so that Carrie can work with you to make it even better.
If you wish to learn a new hand, then you would chose the Imai-Italic.
The cost for the three-hour session is $75.
Please email Hilde Friese at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation.
Brush Script Workshop
with Linda Schneider
September 7th and 8th
Cost to be determined
Copperplate Flourishing Workshop
with Ann Erickson
(date and price to be announced)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR WORKSHOPS:
Costs of workshops are as listed. As space is limited, non-members may take a workshop for an additional $20.00 fee if there is space. Checks should be made payable to "Friends of the Alphabet". Deposit is non-refundable unless the work shop does not make quota. Only a sign up with deposit will hold your place for the weekend.
To register for a workshop, give or send your registration form and non-refundable $45.00 deposit to hold your space to:
6655 Memorial Drive/James B. Rivers Drive
Stone Mountain Georgia
Terms and Conditions
- Deadline for each workshop is the time by which time the form
has to be filled out and mailed in with the non-refundable
deposit. Deadlines will be posted for each individual workshop. These deadlines must be strictly observed.
- The deposit for each workshop is $45 and is NON-REFUNDABLE
except in cases where:
- the workshop does not make quota
- the workshop is overbooked
- Prospective participants are not on the list
unless deposit is paid and has been received by workshop chairperson
- Any persons wishing to attend a workshop for which they did not secure their deposit must check for late-availability status and pay an additional late fee - usually $20.
- If enough participants to make the quota have not booked space and paid deposits by the deadline specified, the workshop WILL BE CANCELLED.